Police wiring loom removal erhg

For Technical or Mechanical discussions and problems
Diversion
Grinding the Oggy Knobs
Grinding the Oggy Knobs

Re: Police wiring loom removal erhg

Postby Diversion » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:50 pm

I got a set of these,
'MICTUNING [LUMA+] H4, 9003, HB2, Hi/Lo Beam Cree LED Headlight Bulbs - 80W..on Amazon.com

They put out a lot of light with a good beam patern . Leds don't generate a lot of heat like halogen or othe incandescent type bulbs as most of what they produce is light. But anything that has a lot of power going through it gets hot and if they get too hot they burn out so they need to bee cooled hence the large heat sink and fan on most high powered leds.
The only issue fitting them is you can't use the rubber boots without cutting them up so I made new boots out of a shopping bag.
Stupidity Kills
Speed is just along for the ride
http://nospeedcamerasparty.com/morefact ... sense.html

Current toy White FJR1300ap 2008 Called Frejya

Diversion
Grinding the Oggy Knobs
Grinding the Oggy Knobs

Postby Diversion » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:00 pm

I'm doing this in small instalments.
The other day I unplugged the second regulator it mearly daisy chains into the factory one so I just had to remove it and plug the large three pin plug back into the factory unit.
I soldered some pig tails onto the earth bridge plugs in some of the spiders so I can add a better ground.
And apart from fitting up the headlights the bike is still in bits.
When I'm done I may be able to find the spring out of the starter button that flew off to the impossible to find location they always do.
Anyone got a starter button spring lying around they can send me ?
Stupidity Kills

predator
Removing the Chicken Strips

Postby predator » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:40 pm

Diversion wrote:I got a set of these,
'MICTUNING [LUMA+] H4, 9003, HB2, Hi/Lo Beam Cree LED Headlight Bulbs - 80W..on Amazon.com

They put out a lot of light with a good beam patern . Leds don't generate a lot of heat like halogen or othe incandescent type bulbs as most of what they produce is light. But anything that has a lot of power going through it gets hot and if they get too hot they burn out so they need to bee cooled hence the large heat sink and fan on most high powered leds.
The only issue fitting them is you can't use the rubber boots without cutting them up so I made new boots out of a shopping bag.

Thanks will investigate further. By the by, if you have a high beam to pass switch did you get it working ? if so plesse share.
12' FJR1300AP
11' Kawasaki Ninja 1000
86' Honda 250R
8X' JAWA350
00' 200CC Chinese Trail bike

Diversion
Grinding the Oggy Knobs
Grinding the Oggy Knobs

Postby Diversion » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:12 pm

predator wrote:
Diversion wrote:I got a set of these,

Thanks will investigate further. By the by, if you have a high beam to pass switch did you get it working ? if so plesse share.

Mine was working as a flash / pass switch when I got it. the wiring diagram for an ordinary FJR should have all the info you need to make it work.
Stupidity Kills

Diversion
Grinding the Oggy Knobs
Grinding the Oggy Knobs

Postby Diversion » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:33 am

Well I removed all the extra wiring the police added and when it finally arrives the starter switch will be removed and an ordinary one fitted.
I've just about fitted every thing but before I went to put back the last piece of plastic I decided to test the new led spot and driving lights and wouldn't you know it one of the relays that I recycled from the police wiring was a dud so I replaced it with another one that was removed but you guessed it another dud.
Off to Jaycar tomorrow to see if they have any stock of the mini relays they list in the catalog that just happen to fit the Yamaha relay keepers.
They are six and a bit bucks for anyone who needs them.
Stupidity Kills

predator

Postby predator » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:01 pm

Good job. I've just finished cleaning rear harness. Which panels do i need to remove apart from the one around the tank to get at the front harness. Ive just changed globes so have removed the horizontal ones above the battery and glove box as well as around the cluster so thought maybe a good time to do the front harness too.

Also is there anything to be weary of ?

Thanks mate.

Diversion wrote:Well I removed all the extra wiring the police added and when it finally arrives the starter switch will be removed and an ordinary one fitted.
I've just about fitted every thing but before I went to put back the last piece of plastic I decided to test the new led spot and driving lights and wouldn't you know it one of the relays that I recycled from the police wiring was a dud so I replaced it with another one that was removed but you guessed it another dud.
Off to Jaycar tomorrow to see if they have any stock of the mini relays they list in the catalog that just happen to fit the Yamaha relay keepers.
They are six and a bit bucks for anyone who needs them.
12' FJR1300AP
11' Kawasaki Ninja 1000
86' Honda 250R
8X' JAWA350

Diversion
Grinding the Oggy Knobs
Grinding the Oggy Knobs

Postby Diversion » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:24 am

Removing The lower front panels wil give you access to the harnesses at the front.
Removing the tank will give you access to pull the wires out .
the factory harness runs down the left side of the motor only, so anything on the right starter switch side can go.
There are two or three wires that run down the left to the back they can go too I think they are brown blue and black.
The blue one needs to be cut and joined if you are keeping the police starter switch.
If you removed the second regulator then the wire that runs to the back can be removed or reused for a rear power plug.
It plugs into a little joiner section at the front under the battery that can be completely removed and the two ends of the factory harness just plug back into each other making it a bit shorter. The fuses that are wedged between the fuse blocks can be removed and if you have a normal starter switch you can remove an enormous chunk of wiring from the left side that adapts the separate hazard switch and the starter switch back into the factory harness.
With the exception of the different starter switch everything just plugs in the middle of the factory harness and can be safely removed without any cutting and soldering.
On the left side there is one (blue?) wire that runs to the back that can be cut and joined so it no longer goes to the back.
Or just get the standard starter switch and you can toss that whole loom.
Note.
The standard starter switch is not flat on the bottom so the plate that mounts the hazard light switch won't fit without some grinding.
Stupidity Kills

predator

Postby predator » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:03 am

Thanks for the detail. Will make the job a lot easier.
12' FJR1300AP
11' Kawasaki Ninja 1000
86' Honda 250R
8X' JAWA350

Pegasus
Learners Permit

Postby Pegasus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:58 pm

edited
Last edited by Pegasus on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pegasus
Learners Permit

Postby Pegasus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Does anyone have a softcopy of the wiring diagram for the 2012 model or a link to same?

Return to “Is there a doctor in the house?”