Roguedog
Mulga Bill

Re: The air induction system

Postby Roguedog » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:51 pm

Bernie wrote:
Bernie wrote:
Ken Fraser wrote:Hi Bernie,
How is the fuelling on the bike ???
Would it need a PC5 ???, most of the posts I've seen have been rather positive :dance:

I think the fuelling is not too bad, the (minor) problem lies with the "fly by wire". There are times when it does not deliver the instantaneous and very fine control that you have with the old mechanical system. I had my last 2012 FJR running exceptionally well with the PCV, Autotune, and careful adjustment of throttle bodies and throttle cables. It responded better than this one.

Mind you, I had only done 850 Km before I crashed it, and I hadn't done any tuning. I think I probably will fit a PCV and Autotune later.
Oh, the low power mode is hopeless, I don't think I will ever use it.

I rode the bike for the first time yesterday, and this morning, to work and back, after doing this modification and fixing the crash damage, and the engine responce has definitely improved. The slight hesitation when opening the throttle has gone, and the motor pulls smooth and clean right through the rev range.

In fact, the bike tends to jump away from a stop, or out of a corner, rather more vigorously than I sometimes intend. I'm glad they have put traction control on this bike at last, I think it is going to save my ass before long. :think:

Bernie,
Removed the pipes and plugged everything up as required on my 2016 FJR. Put iridiums in as well. Just back from test ride, bike nice and smooth but engine light on dash stays on and no cruise control. Maybe unplugging the solenoid is causing electrical issues. Your thoughts?
Syd
16 FJR Blue
14 FJR Black
08 FJR Black
07 ZRX1200R Green
06 ZX12R Black
02 ZRX1200S Black
01 ZRX1200S Bitsa
76 Z900 A4 Green
74 Z1A 900 Brown
71 Titan 500

Diversion
Grinding the Oggy Knobs
Grinding the Oggy Knobs

Postby Diversion » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:28 pm

Roguedog wrote:
Bernie wrote:
Bernie wrote:I think the fuelling is not too bad, the (minor) problem lies with the "fly by wire". There are times when it does not deliver the instantaneous and very fine control that you have with the old mechanical system. I had my last 2012 FJR running exceptionally well with the PCV, Autotune, and careful adjustment of throttle bodies and throttle cables. It responded better than this one.

Mind you, I had only done 850 Km before I crashed it, and I hadn't done any tuning. I think I probably will fit a PCV and Autotune later.
Oh, the low power mode is hopeless, I don't think I will ever use it.

I rode the bike for the first time yesterday, and this morning, to work and back, after doing this modification and fixing the crash damage, and the engine responce has definitely improved. The slight hesitation when opening the throttle has gone, and the motor pulls smooth and clean right through the rev range.

In fact, the bike tends to jump away from a stop, or out of a corner, rather more vigorously than I sometimes intend. I'm glad they have put traction control on this bike at last, I think it is going to save my ass before long. :think:

Bernie,
Removed the pipes and plugged everything up as required on my 2016 FJR. Put iridiums in as well. Just back from test ride, bike nice and smooth but engine light on dash stays on and no cruise control. Maybe unplugging the solenoid is causing electrical issues. Your thoughts?
Syd

You may be able to trick it by measuring the resistance of the solenoid and putting a suitable resistor or just plug it in and see what happens.
Stupidity Kills
Speed is just along for the ride
http://nospeedcamerasparty.com/morefact ... sense.html

Current toy White FJR1300ap 2008 Called Frejya

Roguedog
Mulga Bill

Postby Roguedog » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Diversion wrote:
Roguedog wrote:
Bernie wrote:I rode the bike for the first time yesterday, and this morning, to work and back, after doing this modification and fixing the crash damage, and the engine responce has definitely improved. The slight hesitation when opening the throttle has gone, and the motor pulls smooth and clean right through the rev range.

Bernie,
Syd

You may be able to trick it by measuring the resistance of the solenoid and putting a suitable resistor or just plug it in and see what happens.

Thankyou, will investigate that.
16 FJR Blue
14 FJR Black
08 FJR Black
07 ZRX1200R Green
06 ZX12R Black
02 ZRX1200S Black
01 ZRX1200S Bitsa
76 Z900 A4 Green
74 Z1A 900 Brown
71 Titan 500

Return to “Is there a doctor in the house?”