Ex Police Bike Question re 'Pass Switch'

For Technical or Mechanical discussions and problems
predator
Removing the Chicken Strips

Re: Ex Police Bike Question re 'Pass Switch'

Postby predator » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:05 pm

Dark Helmet wrote:Mine didn't work either. It has been wired by the police to operate as a push to talk for the radio I believe. You can undo the tape and see what grey have done. I rewired mine and it works as normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. Have the same problem. Removed the tape near the LH switch can see some taped up wires but cannot find any further references as to what i need to do next..was expecting a loose wire and colour matching to sort it out. No such luck..can you advise please.
Rob
12' FJR1300AP
11' Kawasaki Ninja 1000
86' Honda 250R
8X' JAWA350
00' 200CC Chinese Trail bike

predator

Re: RE: Re: Ex Police Bike Question re 'Pass Switch'

Postby predator » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:04 pm

predator wrote:
Dark Helmet wrote:Mine didn't work either. It has been wired by the police to operate as a push to talk for the radio I believe. You can undo the tape and see what grey have done. I rewired mine and it works as normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. Have the same problem. Removed the tape near the LH switch can see some taped up wires but cannot find any further references as to what i need to do next..was expecting a loose wire and colour matching to sort it out. No such luck..can you advise please.
Rob

Wooohooo finally got pass switch to work.

Down stairs left hand side yellow wire was cut now rejoined.

Upstairs left hand side switch. Pass switch white and red was wired to black (earth i think) instead of yellow and red.

Now have to put everything back on.. solder wires..panels..sr356 ...pillion seat..locks..and i really should put those iridiums in and do a tbs...but its been in this state for too long

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
12' FJR1300AP
11' Kawasaki Ninja 1000
86' Honda 250R
8X' JAWA350

Gus

Postby Gus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:25 am

If you have it striped that far, pull the tank off and the ally cover and the plugs are right there in front of you. takes 20mins max
2014 FJR, 2012 ZX14R, 2009 ZX14.
FarRider #159

Diversion
Grinding the Oggy Knobs
Grinding the Oggy Knobs

Postby Diversion » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:18 am

Gus wrote:If you have it striped that far, pull the tank off and the ally cover and the plugs are right there in front of you. takes 20mins max

Before you do have a pair of long nose pliers a decent plug socket and a long graby thing you can get from Supercheap some compressed air to blow the crap off the top of the engine and some bug spray.

Why all of these things and the bug spray?
the socket can get hung up on the rockercover gasket and not come out so you'll need the pliers
The grabby thing is to get the plug out if it doesn't want to come with the socket
The bug spray is to kill the little black ants that some how made a nest in one on my spark plug wells,
My bike hasn't run for a few weeks so the little buggers made a nest there somehow, there's no hole or damage to the boot or lead yet they got in there. they also made a nest in the old starter switch and that's why I lost the friggin spring due to cleaning out the ants. They've probably made a nest inside the fuel tank.
There was a news report on these buggers destroying TV's and causing fires and electrical shorts
the new rust!
It doesn't matter if you ride every day they can invade in minutes so if you bike starts running rough the bug may be a bug.
Stupidity Kills
Speed is just along for the ride
http://nospeedcamerasparty.com/morefact ... sense.html

Current toy White FJR1300ap 2008 Called Frejya

predator

Postby predator » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:34 pm

Cheers mate(and Ken for the iridiums suggestion)

Spark plugs done. They looked just fine to me but where due for replacement in 9k. So dont have to worry about that for another 100k. Imagine they should still be inspected every 10k or no ?

Did a TBS using carbtune pro (standard method)..3 and 4 where out by a fair bit especially 4.

Now to get those nipples on when the bike cools down.

Glad im on holidays all this has taken up a fair few days..taking my time of course and breaks on account of it being hot.

Thanks again

Diversion wrote:
Gus wrote:If you have it striped that far, pull the tank off and the ally cover and the plugs are right there in front of you. takes 20mins max

Before you do have a pair of long nose pliers a decent plug socket and a long graby thing you can get from Supercheap some compressed air to blow the crap off the top of the engine and some bug spray.

Why all of these things and the bug spray?
the socket can get hung up on the rockercover gasket and not come out so you'll need the pliers
The grabby thing is to get the plug out if it doesn't want to come with the socket
The bug spray is to kill the little black ants that some how made a nest in one on my spark plug wells,
My bike hasn't run for a few weeks so the little buggers made a nest there somehow, there's no hole or damage to the boot or lead yet they got in there. they also made a nest in the old starter switch and that's why I lost the friggin spring due to cleaning out the ants. They've probably made a nest inside the fuel tank.
There was a news report on these buggers destroying TV's and causing fires and electrical shorts
the new rust!
It doesn't matter if you ride every day they can invade in minutes so if you bike starts running rough the bug may be a bug.
12' FJR1300AP
11' Kawasaki Ninja 1000
86' Honda 250R
8X' JAWA350

Return to “Is there a doctor in the house?”